ORANGE COUNTY, N.Y. -- With Thanksgiving behind us, it's time to start thinking Christmas trees.
Orange County is home to more than 20 tree farms offering options for cutting your own or choosing from the farm's selection.
Tree farms include:
- Edward’s Tree Farm, Warwick: Choose from pre-cut trees or cut your own, all grown on the farm. Open Saturdays and Sundays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Dec. 17. Go : 77 Amity Rd., 845- 258-4344
- Emmerich Tree Farm, Warwick: Choose and cut spruce, pine, and fir set amidst a south-facing hillside. Freshly-cut Fraser firs are also available. Free parking, wagon rides to the field, music, bonfire, and free hot chocolate. Go: 10 Sleepy Valley Rd., 845-986-0151
- Graney Tree Farm, Pine Bush: Choose and cut your own blue spruce tree and shop from an assortment of balsam wreaths. Open weekends through Christmas Eve, 9 a.m. to dusk. Go: 24 Lang Dr., 845- 361-3022
- Stone Oak Farm, Slate Hill: Hike more than eight acres and choose from blue spruce, white spruce, and Canaan fir trees. Also worth a visit: the Bed & Breakfast, featuring a roaring fireplace and gift shop, all in a beautiful timber framed barn. Open weekends, 10 a.m. to dusk. Go: 207 Stony Bar Rd., 845-355-4751
- Summer’s Wintergreen Tree Farm, Middletown: Choose and cut your own tree from a selection of blue spruce, white spruce, Scotch pine, white pine, Douglas fir and Fraser fir. Free treats available for kids. Open weekends in December, 10 a.m. to dusk. There's also a Christmas shop full of holiday gifts and decor for decking your halls. Go: 123 Brola Rd., 845-800-3018
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.