ORANGE COUNTY, N.Y. -- 'Tis the season for apple pie -- and apple cider doughnuts -- and lucky for Orange County residents, many orchards bake both on the premises.
Looking to satisfy your apple craving? Or simply want to pick your own and bake at home? Either way, these orchards have something for you.
- Apple Dave’s Orchards, Warwick: Roadside and U-pick apples and pumpkins. Fresh pies in the farm store. Go : 82 Four Corners Rd., 845-986-1684
- Apple Ridge Orchards, Warwick: Hay wagon rides, farm animals, corn maze, pick your own apples, honey bee observation hives and yummy items in the farm store. Go: 101 Jessup Rd., 845-987-7717
- Jones Farm, Cornwall: Lots of great goodies to buy here including homemade soups, Hudson Valley spices, local honey, Adirondack Maple Syrup and pies and other baked goods from Grandma Phoebe's Kitchen (the latter of which now delivers to West Point). Go: 190 Angola Rd., 845-534-4445
- Lawrence Farms Orchards, Newburgh: Pick your own apple, take a carriage ride, check out the miniature village or simply shop at the farm store. There are 25 varieties of apples as well as concord niagara grapes, Brussels sprouts, pumpkins, spinach, beans, tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, and cabbage. (Check Facebook for latest.) Go: 39 Colandrea Rd., 845-562-4268
- Maples Farm, Middletown: Homemade pies in the farm store. Go: 749 Route 17M, 845-344-0330
- Masker Orchards, Warwick: The only orchard that lets you drive right up to the tree. Weekend events with music and pony rides. Farm store. Go: 45 Ball Road, Warwick 10990. Ph: 845-986-1058
- Ochs Orchards, Warwick: Pick your own apples plus other fruits and crops in season. Farm store and petting zoo. Go: 4 Ochs Lane, Route 94, 845-986-1591
- Overlook Farm Market, Newburgh: Pick your own apples plus farm market, petting zoo and gift shop. As it says on its site: " You haven’t lived until you’ve tried our home baked pies and apple crisp." Plus, they can accommodate dietary needs with gluten-free flours and grains. Go: 5417 Route 9W, 845-562-5780
- Pennings Orchard, Warwick: Pick your own, visit the farm animals or take in a hayride. Don't leave without sampling the wares at the farm market or getting something to eat at the Harvest Grill & Brew Pub. Go: 169 State Route 94, 845-986-1059.
- Roe’s Orchards, Chester: Lots of apples ripe for picking, along with homeade pies at the farm store. Go : 3278 Route 94, 845-469-4724
- Sleepy Hills Orchard, Johnson: Family-owned apple orchard and farm with U-pick apples. Go: 1328 Route 284, 845-726-3797
- Soons Orchards, New Hampton: Fresh baked pies on site. U-pick apples and hayrides on weekends. Go: 23 Soons Circle, 845-374-5471
- Warwick Valley Winery & Orchards, Warwick: It's not just about wine here (though there is that!). Apple picking is also tops on the list as is a stop at the on-premise bakery. Go : 114 Little York Rd., 845-988-9292
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.