ORANGE COUNTY, N.Y. -- Jumpstart your holiday shopping -- yes, we said "holidays" -- with something you can only find in Orange County.
Holiday bazaars featuring everything from home décor to jewelry by local artisans can be found at a host of locales; what follows is a sampling of where to go.
- St. James’ Christmas Fair, Goshen: Peruse a generous offering of homemade baked goods and soups, holiday decorations, books, religious and inspirational gifts, household items, jewelry, collectibles, and antiques, complete with crafts and activities for children. Lunch and photos with Santa available too. Shop now : 1 St. James Place, Saturday, Nov. 18; 10 a.m.to 3 p.m.
- Bells on Broadway Holiday Market and Children’s Festival, Lobby at the Ritz and the Historic Green Room, Newburgh: Local artisans and vendors showcase a variety of handmade jewelry, scarves, handbags, pottery, candles, soaps, gourmet food and more. Admission is free with a nominal charge for snacks and photos with Santa and Frosty. Shop now : 107 Broadway, Saturday, Nov. 18, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Christkindlmarkt German Christmas Market, Port Jervis: This enchanting family event is a mirror of the tradition of markets held throughout Germany during the Christmas season. You'll find plenty of unique gifts and specialty handmade crafts, live entertainment, plus traditional food by local retailers and crafters. The grand finale is the arrival of the Santa express at 5 p.m. Shop now: 1 Jersey Ave.; Sunday, Nov. 26 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Burke Catholic High School Christmas Boutique at John S. Burke Catholic High School, Goshen: More than 40 local artisans and vendors are represented at this annual boutique, now in its fifth year. There is also a “Kids Only Christmas” Shop, where all items cost less than $5. "Pictures with Santa are also available. The café will be serving light fare. Kick off the day with Santa and friends at the Ugly Sweater Jingle Jog at 9 a.m. Shop now: 80 Fletcher St., Saturday, Dec. 2 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Holiday Craft Boutique, D & H Canal Visitor’s Center, Cuddebackville: Home decor, primitive and folk art, handmade candles, soaps, jewelry, pet accessories, holiday ornaments and other unique items can be found here amidst a boutique setting. Many items are under $5. Shop now: 58 Hoag Rd., Sunday, Dec. 3, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.