ORANGE COUNTY, N.Y. - A jewel thief that made off with nearly $70,000 in merchandise from an Orange County jewelry store tops this weeks news.
Detectives from the Monroe Police Department launched an investigation into the burglary after the burglar - who was caught on surveillance cameras but could not be identified - stole $68,377 worth of jewels in just one minute. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the full story):
- Steven Brisee, a Democrat who was considering challenging Rep. John Faso was busted with a stolen car.
- A Middletown brewer is using his degree from MIT to bring new tastes and flavors to Orange County beer drinkers.
- A 30-year-old man is facing charges after being busted with an illegal stimulant during a traffic stop on I-87.
- An Orange County accountant failed to appear in court to answer a grand larceny charge.
- A man was hospitalized after lighting himself on fire at a Newburgh gas station.
- For real-time Orange County news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Orange County page on Facebook by clicking here.
- Follow Daily Voice Orange County on Twitter @DVOrangeCounty by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.