MONROE, N.Y. – Voters have overwhelmingly approved a proposal to allow Kiryas Joel to break away and form its own town.
Voters approved the formation of the Town of Palm Tree 8,656-1,749. More than 83 percent of voters were in favor of the measure.
Here's a look at the rest of Monroe's election results.
County Legislator - 7th District
- Myrna Kemnitz (D, For Monroe)
- Peter V. Tuhoy (R, C, I)
- Anthony P. Cardone (R, United Monroe)* - 6,418 (98.44 percent)
- Bruce Robert Furbeck (R) - 1,919 (29.82 percent)
- Audra Schwartz (United Monroe)* - 4,507 (70.04 percent)
Councilman (vote 2) (UNOPPOSED)
- Mary Bingham (D, United Monroe)* - 5,865 (62.21 percent)
- Richard Colon (D) - 3,455 (36.65 percent)
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.