ORANGE COUNTY, N.Y. – Ready for apple-picking season?
Hudson Valley orchards are reporting a bumper crop and apple growers are opening their orchards to crowds looking to pick their own. Did you know there are more than 25 varieties of apples grown on over 1,000 acres in Orange County?
Popular pick-your-own orchards include the following:
- Pennings Orchard: Pick your own apples and pumpkins daily, September through October. Activities include farm market, beer garden, pumpkin fields, hayrides, farm animals, kiddie maze and more. Go: 169 State Route 94 South, Warwick
- Soons Orchard: Expect 50-plus varieties of home-grown apples, peaches, nectarines, apple cider, and vegetables along with homemade pies, cookies, and donuts. Fall weekends include hayrides. Go : 23 Soons Circle (just off Route 17M) New Hampton
- Apple Ridge Orchards: Breathtaking scenery is just part of the apple-picking experience here. You'll also find tractor-pulled hay wagon rides, pet and feed friendly farm animals, a corn maze, and famous observation hives on site. Go: 101 Jessup Road, Warwick
- Apple Dave’s: The kids will love the free wagon rides, farm animals and puppet shows; you may prefer the winery, herb and rose gardens. Relax by the ponds, or sample the latest creations of the Distillery and Applewood Winery. Go: 82 Four Corners Road, Warwick
- Overlook Farm Market: Enjoy nature without the crowds. Fall weekends feature a hay maze, petting zoo and fishing at the pond. There's also a bakery and deli on site. Go : 5417 Route 9W, Newburgh
- Masker Orchards: There's always something going on here, so pack a picnic and take in the live music, pony rides, and country store. For the kids, there are barnyard baby animals, pony rides, and wagon rides. Go: 45 Ball Road, Warwick
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.