ORANGE COUNTY, N.Y. – Whether for decorating, carving or baking, October is the pumpkins time to shine. Where do you like to get yours, Orange County?
Popular pick-your-own farms include:
- Manza Family Farm, Montgomery: Pick your own pumpkins are grown on 20 acres of farmland and are part of the farm’s traditional Fall Festival held weekends in October. You'll also find tractor-drawn hayrides, pony rides, a straw maze, farm animals, and a farm stand.
- Pennings Farm, Warwick.: Located on more than 60 acres of farmland, Pennings’ U-Pick season offers activities for the whole family including hayrides, pony rides, face painting, live music and outdoor dining.
- Apple Dave’s Farm, Warwick: Lots to do here including a walking trail, ponds, gardens, music puppet shows and face painters. Samples from Applewood Winery and distillery are also available.
- Maples Farm, Middletown: It may not be Halloween yet but the farm's Halloween Festival runs weekends throughout October and features hayrides, a hay maze, farm animals, a haunted barn, and country fair. There's also plenty of gifts and other items at the country store.
- Pierson’s Farm, Middletown: Weekend events include hayrides, inflatables, a 4-acre corn maze, a kiddie hay/corn maze, a teepee area, and a petting zoo. Plus grass fed beef and free range eggs at the market.
- Lawrence Farms Orchards, Newburgh: Visitors will enjoy this scenic location which features a little village and hay bale maze for the kids. Show chickens and playful goats add to the family-friendly atmosphere.
More information at the Orange County Tourism’s new website: www.orangetourism.org .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.